Her Awesomeness

Her Awesomeness
Practicing the royal wave/smile

Tuesday 2 August 2011

Have you figured out the second head fake?

Did you figure out the second head fake? Do any of us really?  Rather, I think most come up with life plans that are defined as dreams and goals.  Then the mission becomes about actively seeking to realise those dreams, sometimes with such drive and haste that little thought is placed on savouring the gifts that life presents along the way.  The gifts of time, family, relationships, love, health, and nature to name a few. Having twice come close to losing the most precious gift of all, life itself, I strive to live my life to the fullest - as though each day were my very last.  So that when I put head to pillow at night, I can close my eyes in contentment and satisfaction knowing that I did all that I set out to do in a way that felt right. I try not to get caught up in the hurly burly of life and to live simply and meaningfully. To embrace the beauty, joy, laughter, energy, good people, fabulous moments, and even those curve balls that sometimes come my way.  For life is not as complex as we sometimes make it.  And we do not have to come to the end of our lives to realise that.  We do not have to experience the pain of losing a dear one to know that our lives are not a dress rehearsal, that we need to live it well, that we do not have a second chance to make it better. As Randy Pausch, popular computer-science professor at Carnegie Mellon University who succumbed to pancreatic cancer, stated at his 'last lecture' "...its not about how to achieve your dreams. It's about how to lead your life. If you lead your life the right way ... the dreams will come to you. Did you figure out the second head fake?..." A phenomenal parting gift, at least to those wise enough to heed the lesson. Read more: http://www.time.com/time/arts/article/0,8599,1826574,00.html#ixzz1Tt6Kzspt

No comments:

Post a Comment