Her Awesomeness

Her Awesomeness
Practicing the royal wave/smile

Wednesday 14 September 2011

My favourite Cat in the Hat book is 'I can read with my eyes shut'; because...

...the book demonstrates to little children how the imagination can be tweaked and images unlocked with the simple act of reading or being read to.  How words can conjure images of  wonder and adventure. That it's possible to close your eyes and let words take you to magical places far away. As an avid reader this book really appealed to me as a kid and could possibly be instrumental in the love I have for reading.  If memory serves me correctly, my mom read it to me for the first time when I was about two and I made her read it over and over.  When I eventually was able to read on my own, it was my first real read - and read it I did until it literally fell apart at the seams. It's such a bummer then that none of my kids share my passion for reading. Notwithstanding me reading a series of Cat-in-the-hats to them as young uns with the hope that the bug would bite. They'd rather watch the movie...now where's the fun in that?!

No comments:

Post a Comment