Her Awesomeness

Her Awesomeness
Practicing the royal wave/smile

Tuesday 20 September 2011

Only bad things happen quickly.

This Gordon Livingstone quote suggests that those things that result in happiness take time to develop. If I consider some of the bad things that have happened to me, then it does seem that bad things happen quickly. The rather unsavoury news that I was being made redundant was so quick and unexpected that it hit me for a six.  That one came completely out of left field and had me floored.  There was no way to prepare myself for it either emotionally or other.  When one of my good friends was felled by a heart attack, that too was bad news that shocked me to the core because there was no prolonged and protracted illness leading to his death.  It was quick, instantaneous. The outcome of the series of interviews that I'd gone on for that job I was so convinced was mine.  Then a mere day after the last meeting when I was so sure it was in the bag, the classic, "We're sorry but you were not successful in your application" just didn't gel with the scenario I envisaged. Given my experience, I would then have to agree that bad things do indeed seem to happen quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment