Her Awesomeness

Her Awesomeness
Practicing the royal wave/smile

Friday 11 February 2011

I am...?

I am...?  I've been so busy trying to stay on the treadmill of my crazy life that I haven't given this question much thought for some time. Well, for those who have not had the pleasure of knowing wonderful me, I am Charmaine Theresa Resandt - born in the wee hours of a balmy Cape summer's night on Sunday, the 7th of January (way back when).  By all accounts I blasted into this world shrieking like a banshee and, if the truth be told, very little has changed.  If there is an issue that I feel strongly about I will speak up, more often boldly and with the old voice box on full volume.  There've been loads of those!

What shapes my character?  Sometimes the teachings of rather wise and emulant role models, and other times what has presented itself as thinly veiled 'life lessons'.  Mr Moerat, past principal of South Peninsula High School, my almer mater, comes to mind. A dear old soul who through his infinite wisdom, patience and kindness made me feel that I was worthy and capable of more than I thought.  Mr Simmons, my first softball coach, taught me the value of humour and how this wonderful asset can carry one through the darkest times.  My parents, though products of their time and somewhat emotionally distant, instilled in me a thirst for knowledge and that swimming upstream gives you good physique if nothing else. A brother and sister, who each have influenced my life though their unique and special being. Then there's my husband who has my back and loves me regardless, even at times when I'm such a cow that I scare myself.  My amazing, crazy kids whom I adore more than life itself.  Last, but certainly not least, my girls - who sometimes drive me nuts but have been my anchor when I've lost my oars. So, in a nutshell, I am...because you are!

2 comments:

  1. I am because you are - a beautiful statement that says more about you than the rest of the post. Lucky you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Charmaine you are such a beautiful person.

    ReplyDelete