Her Awesomeness

Her Awesomeness
Practicing the royal wave/smile

Tuesday 22 February 2011

If I were the boss?

My idealistic mind would like me to believe that if I were the boss, there would be very little room for strife in my business. 'Marching to the same drum beat' would be the ethos espoused to my workforce. 

If I were the boss, I would roll my sleeves up and get muddied if necessary along with my workers; yet be ready with a pat on the back when the organisation reaches set goals and the resultant glory at the hands of its people.   

Yes, if I were the boss I'd be open to sharing my knowledge and invite the reciprocation of same from my employees.  For if I were the boss, they would be comfortable in presenting me with an idea they may have knowing that there is room to develop it.  That should the idea prove viable, they would receive the acknowledgement and accolades that are their due.

If I were the boss I'd provide my workers with the coolest office space.  Google would have nothing on us.  A daycare centre for parents to have their kids close by; kennels for those with canine children; shutes from floor to floor for staff to whizz down; rollerblades for the more risque; dining facilities second to none, an amusement park with rides and activities - these are just a few of the fun elements I would add.

Yep, if I were the boss I'd be the first to sign on the dotted line and join my revolutionary company. 

No comments:

Post a Comment