Her Awesomeness

Her Awesomeness
Practicing the royal wave/smile

Tuesday 5 April 2011

We are what we do.

The famous Greek philosopher, Aristotle's said:  "We are what we repeatedly do.  Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit."  So, it can be said that our actions are the sum of our whole.  I would think then that every action has a consequence.  Everything thing we do, would invariably lead to defining us in terms of character and our person.  Our lives are governed by decisions, some of which will be implemented by our own choosing; others steered by those who may yield the power to do so. 

As a parent I have found that more often than not the decisions and actions I take have formed the opinion of my children.  The way they see me is based on a stance I've taken, a principle or moral I've upheld, the fun and spontaneous moments adding yet more facets to my role as mom.

The wife I am and the manner in which I conduct myself in that sense has shaped the relationship I have with my husband.  He knows me to be quirky, loving, romantic, quick to temper but quicker yet to forgive.  That he honours, loves, respects me is because I am all of those characteristics and then some.

As a softball player my character has been shaped that much more.  For the code of sport that softball embodies demands integrity, honour, dignity, sportsmanship, commitment and loyalty of its players.  All of which I subscribe to.  All of which is what I do. All of which makes me Me.

No comments:

Post a Comment