Her Awesomeness

Her Awesomeness
Practicing the royal wave/smile

Saturday 11 June 2011

The sound of one hand clapping.

This one really got me thinking.  Is it even possible for one hand to clap and, if so, what sound could it possibly make? I guess this could mean different things to different people.  For me there would be no real sound coming from the lone clapping of one hand.  That one hand would be flapping from side to side as it tries to find something to bounce off, to wrap itself around.  Rather, the motion could be representative of an inner struggle, a constant need to find meaning to my inner being, of what matters to me.  The motion would eventually be still and permanently silenced only once the peace and happiness that I continually journey toward is found.  I'm by no means there yet, so my one hand continues to clap. But is there sound? I contradict myself, as the more I think about it the more I realise a whooshing sound does permeate my existence.  The sound of my one clapping hand reminds me that I am alive and vibrant.  And that maybe that quest for inner peace and happiness should not be a struggle.  That for the hand to be stilled, I should be still and let it come to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment