Her Awesomeness

Her Awesomeness
Practicing the royal wave/smile

Friday 7 October 2011

The eve of season...



Woo hoo, I'm like a cat on a hot tin roof right now.  Why, you ask? Oh man, do I have to belt this out? - THE SOFTBALL SEASON STARTS TOMORROW, PEEPS! I can barely contain myself. A new club, great new bunch of ladies as team mates, new uniforms, new equipment - oo this is so exciting.  My kit has been washed, pressed and readily awaits cladding my gorgeous royal rump.

But wait, here's the downside. I can't play. A torn ACL in my left knee has well and truly put paid to that. Shiza, this is so painful - on the emotions that is. The physical pain I can bear, but oh my poor torn and shredded heart; now that's difficult to deal with.  I'll be carried to the field and deposited in all my finery to sit on the side and watch my much loved team take on their opponents in our very first contested game.  Torture, I say - pure, pure torture.

The upside - I know they'll do me proud.  How can they not?  The blood, sweat and tears have lain prep to a season that will see Titans taking the podium at the end, not just as victors but as conquerors of so much more. Bring it ladies! 1-2, 1-2, Boom Boom, Pow - gooooo Titans!!

No comments:

Post a Comment