Her Awesomeness

Her Awesomeness
Practicing the royal wave/smile

Friday 22 July 2011

Andy Warhol said, "In the future everybody will be world famous for fifteen minutes."

I don't think Andy Warhol realised how prophetic that statement would be when first uttered back in the late sixties.  With the rising popularity of reality shows almost anybody and its dog seem to be hogging their 15 minutes of fame on the telly these days. The Kardashians - nobody knew who these people were until their reality show became an omnipresent feature of our lives.  A classic case of being famous for being famous.  And there are a shitload of similar shows that seem to have gripped the attention of people the world over.

Why would I be world famous? Though the choice may not be mine, I would like to believe that if I could be famous for a mere fifteen minutes then it would have to be for making a difference, small though it may be, but I truly do believe that I can. The wealth of spirit and kindness that I possess within, when espoused to my fellow beings may yet make the world of difference in their lives.  To be famous for that would be the proverbial cherry on top to living a life that matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment