Her Awesomeness

Her Awesomeness
Practicing the royal wave/smile

Monday 25 July 2011

Are you aware that someone has it worse than you do?

This blog proved to be my most humbling. Too often I am caught up in the things I think I don't have without stopping for long enough to appreciate the very many blessings that I do have.  Of greater horror, scant regard is given to those who are so much worse off; those who would consider themselves wealthy beyond measure with my trove of treasures.  And though some may say I am lacking and somewhat decrepit on the material scale, what I have in other areas of my life far outweighs the supposed impoverishment in that sphere. There are so many who through no fault of their own have been born to dire circumstances and face a daily struggle to have the basic fundamentals necessary for survival. Things that those of better means take for granted - food to ease hunger pains that only those who have been their know the full extent of, water to quench a thirst so profound, shelter to ward off the elements, clothing to shield from weather so harsh, money, oh all these and more.  I say again, I am humbled to shame. Shame for thinking that I have it bad when there are those who have it so much worse. To those who despite their hardships carry their formidable load with such incredible dignity, I bow before you!

No comments:

Post a Comment